Water damage can occur to carpets in many ways. Heavy rain, severe flooding, burst pipes, and even leaks from appliances can all lead to dampness and wetness in your carpets. If not dealt with quickly and efficiently, this moisture can lead to the growth of mould on your carpets.
Reasons For Water Damage Carpets Mould Growth
- Poor Ventilation – When the air in your home is stagnant, it provides the perfect environment for mould to thrive. Make sure to keep your windows open and use fans or air conditioners to circulate the air.
- High Humidity – If the humidity in your home is too high, it can create condensation on surfaces which mould can then grow on. Try using a dehumidifier to reduce the moisture in the air.
- Flooding – One of the most obvious reasons for water damage and mould growth is flooding. If your home has been flooded, it’s important to dry out the area as quickly as possible and treat any mould that has already started to grow.
- Leaking pipes – Even a small leak from a pipe can cause water damage and mould growth. Make sure to check all the pipes in your home regularly for any leaks or drips.
- Damp basements – Damp basements are another common cause of water damage and mould growth. Be sure to keep your basement well ventilated and free of any standing water to prevent mould from taking hold.
If you’re concerned about mould growth in your home, be sure to contact a professional water damage restoration company like Emergency Flood Restoration Brisbane. They will be able to assess the situation and provide you with the best course of action to take.
How to Clean Carpets after Mould Growth?
Mould can cause serious health problems, so it’s important to clean carpets that have been affected by it. There are a few different methods you can use to clean your carpets and remove mould.
- Vacuum regularly – This will help to remove any mould spores that are on the surface of the carpet. Make sure you vacuum all areas of the carpet, including under furniture and in corners.
- Use a mild detergent – You can use a mild detergent or carpet shampoo to clean the carpets. Be sure to follow the directions on the packaging.
- Hire a professional – If the mould growth is severe, you may need to hire a professional carpet cleaner. They will have the equipment and knowledge to safely and effectively clean your carpets.
Follow these steps to clean your carpets and remove mould. Doing so will help to keep your home healthy and mold-free.
Precautions for Molds Grow on Water Damage Carpets
As mold and mildew can start to grow on water damaged carpets within 24 to 48 hours, it’s important to take action quickly. If you have any concerns about the possibility of mold or mildew growth in your home, contact a professional carpet cleaning and restoration company as soon as possible.
There are a few things you can do to prevent mold and mildew growth on your water damaged carpets, including:
- Use fans and dehumidifiers to dry out the area as much as possible.
- Remove wet items from the affected area, including furniture, rugs, and other objects.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces in the affected area, including walls, floors, and ceilings.
- If possible, wash the carpet with a mild detergent and allow it to dry completely before replacing furniture or other objects.
If you have any concerns about mold or mildew growth in your home, contact a professional water damage carpet cleaning and restoration company as soon as possible. They will be able to assess the situation and take the necessary steps to prevent further growth.